Serving at CityChurch
“Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like a man who looks at his face in a mirror and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. But the man who looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom and continues to do this, not forgetting what he has heard, but doing it – he will be blessed in what he does.” James 1:22-25
Here at CityChurch we encourage everyone to reach out and serve the church and their community, as an outworking of their faith – in particular to support some of society’s more vulnerable people.
There are a variety of ways that you can serve. You might like to volunteer in the Food Bank or our Noah’s Ark project. You might be a musician that could serve the church through the worship band on a Sunday or at the events we put on through the year. You might have a passion to work with children and young people, or are keen to explore working in other cultures overseas. We would love to encourage your participation in each of these areas plus many more.
If what you’ve seen so far doesn’t quite fit you, what would you start?
- What people are you passionate about?
- What needs can you help to meet?
- What places is God leading you to?
- What gap could you fill?
- What gifts and abilities could you use to serve the church or make God’s love known?
- What do you love to do?
- How can you share your experiences with others for God’s glory?
- Who inside or outside the church could you work with to achieve what God inspires you to do?
Come and join us on our adventure….